A supportive course that helps students of all abilities build confidence through graded practice. The flexible package makes it ideal for mixed-ability classes, and varying teaching loads.
English Plus develops students' communication skills through a structured and methodical approach, helping students to achieve their individual learning outcomes in every lesson.
• One lesson-per-page structure means teachers can pick up and teach the course
• 'I can' statements, learning objectives, and presentation-practice-production methodology ensures all students achieve a productive outcome, regardless of their ability
• Step-by-step writing lessons and step-by-step speaking practice to build students' confidence
• Options provides four optional extra lessons of CLIL, Culture, Vocabulary, or Listening and Speaking practice for each unit, linked to topics and language in the main units
• Graded grammar and vocabulary photocopiables in the Teacher's Book offer the opportunity to supplement or extend lessons
• Finished? activities ensure fast finishers are kept busy throughout the lesson
The core material is presented in a clear unit structure, and the extensive Options section at the back of the book provides further variety and challenge. Extra material covering culture, CLIL, and vocabulary practice motivates and engages students, and allows teachers to tailor the course to individual needs and abilities.
English Plus places equal emphasis on the development of all four skills - each unit contains reading, writing, listening, and speaking. New language is presented both in context and in tables, to ensure that students fully understand usage as well as form. The Rules section encourages students to think about and complete language rules themselves. Activate and About You exercises then give students the opportunity to use English in a personal way, encouraging them to talk or write about their own ideas and experiences.
Teachers with a mix of both strong and weak students in class get extra flexibility from the Workbook, Tests, and teacher's photocopiable resources. These all contain three levels of material, meaning that every student can achieve a productive outcome, regardless of ability.