Helps students learn the language they need to write academic English, whatever their chosen subject.
The Oxford Learner's Dictionary of Academic English helps students learn the words and phrases used in academic writing, and how to use them in their own academic written work. With Oxford Academic iWriter on CD-ROM.
- In-depth treatment of over 22,000 words, phrases and meanings
- Informed by the 85-million-word Oxford Corpus of Academic English, which includes a broad range of textbooks and academic journals from 26 different disciplines within the subject areas of humanities, social sciences, life sciences and physical
- 50,000 corpus-based examples show words in genuine academic contexts and help students use words correctly
- Academic Word List words marked, showing students the most important academic words to learn first
- 690 collocation notes, with full-sentence examples, show over 26,000 collocations and word patterns
- 80 Thesaurus notes, Grammar Points and Which Word? notes
- Language Banks help with functions such as linking ideas and describing trends
- 48-page Oxford Academic Writing Tutor with model texts and writing tips helps students structure and write a variety of assignments, including essays and dissertations
- The Oxford Academic iWriter on the CD-ROM, an interactive version of the Writing Tutor, provides frameworks for students to write their own assignments
- 47-page reference section includes information about academic grammar, as well as punctuation, numbers and measurements, help with irregular verbs and a list of geographical names with pronunciation